The lack of WebRTC support in Internet Explorer and Safari can be a real issue for many users. To help with this issue, Temasys issued a free plug-in to support these browsers. I intereviewed Alex Gouaillard, CTO of Temasys about this project to find out the details.
Some questions asked:
- Why did you take the leap from desktop apps to building plug-ins for both IE and Safari?
- Several vendors are charging for these capabilities? Why are you doing it for free?
- What is so hard about building a plug-in for IE or Safari?
- How do developers use these plug-ins?
- Can developers find the code?
- What happens when Microsoft starts supporting ORTC?
Find out the answers and other important details here https://webrtchacks.com/generic-ie-safari-plugin/.